Information we collect from you
We will collect information about you when you open an account, register with this website, place an order for products or services, ask us for more information or contact your local branch. The type of information we may collect includes your name, postal address, job title, email address and phone number so that we can contact you if we need to. It may also include payment card number, expiry date, and name of card holder if necessary.
When you visit our site, we will automatically receive your IP address, a unique identifier for your computer or other access device.
Separate terms and conditions may apply when you open an account, so please make sure that you read these at the relevant time.
We may also collect information about how you use this website using cookies.
Our sites use a number of different cookies. Below we explain the cookies we use and why we use them.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that may be placed on your device when you visit our sites. When you next visit our sites the cookie allows us to distinguish you from other users.
There are two broad categories of cookies:
1. Persistent cookies
Persistent cookies remain on your device until deleted manually or automatically.
2. Session cookies
Session cookies remain on your device until you close your browser when they are automatically deleted.
Cookies we use and why we use them
1. Essential cookies
Essential cookies are technical cookies that are required for the operation of our sites. Without essential cookies our sites can’t operate properly. Essential cookies include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas.
2. Performance cookies
Performance cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors to our sites and to see how visitors move around them. This helps us to improve the way our sites work by enabling us to tailor our sites to the way visitors use them. The information we collect from performance cookies is aggregated which means that we cannot identify you from it.
3. Experience cookies
Experience cookies allow our sites to remember the choices you make. Our sites use experience cookies to provide you with enhanced and personalised features. For example, we use information collected through what are known as “web-analytic” cookies to compare the choices you make to those of our other customers so that we can learn from those choices. Information collected by experience cookies cannot track your browsing activity when you leave our sites to browse other sites.
4. Marketing cookies
Marketing cookies record your visits to our sites, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We use this information to make our sites and the advertising displayed on them more relevant to your interests. For example sometimes we use marketing cookies to limit the number of times that you see an advert. Sometimes we share information about your browsing activity, (which we have collected from cookies), with our advertising partners. They may use this information to advertise products, which may interest you, on other sites.
How we use the information we collect about you
We may use the information you provide:
• to process your order or manage your account (if this applies);
• to contact you to ask for your views on our services;
• to tell you about important changes or developments to our site or services;
• to provide a more personalised online experience;
• to help us to keep accurate records;
• to keep you informed about the products and services that we offer;
• for market research purposes to publish details of trends (for example, to show that an increasing number of people are looking at our website from a mobile device, or that there might be a tendency for people to visit the website early in the day, before returning later to complete their order) and to help us improve the content of our website to make it more useful. (We will remove any details that could identify you from the information we use for this purpose.)
• We may ask other companies to provide services to you on our behalf. These services may include answering your questions about products or services, sending emails and mail by post, and analysing data. We will only provide those companies with the information they need to deliver the service we have asked them to provide, and they must not use the information for any other purpose.
• We may have to reveal your information by law or because a court, the police or other law-enforcement agency has asked us for it.
• In processing your order, we may send your details to, and also use information from credit reference agencies and fraud protection agencies. Also, we may have to share your data with third parties, including third-party service providers. These could include couriers and SagePay.
Keeping you informed
If you have ever bought, or enquired about, our products or services, we may also use the information we collect to let you know about other products and services you may be interested in and to keep you up to date with information about promotional offers and what is coming soon at Holleys Fine Foods.
If you no longer want to receive information from us, please let us know by following the link to unsubscribe.
How we protect your information
We take protecting your information seriously and have appropriate physical and technological security measures in place to keep it safe. All of the forms which gather or display personal information on our site are protected by a mechanism called Secure Socket Location (SSL). This is a standard technology which provides a secure connection between internet browsers and websites, allowing you to transmit private data online. Firewalls are used to block unauthorised access to our servers, which are themselves located in a secure location. Within our organisation, we restrict access to personal information. Only employees who need the information in order to do their jobs have access to it.
Access to your information and correction
You may ask us for details of the personal information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of it, please email or write to us. You may have to pay a small fee for this service.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. If you think any information we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete, please email or write to us as soon as possible so we can update our records.
Please address any questions or requests relating to this Notice to our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com or write to:
Data Protection Officer
Holleys Fine Foods
Unit C, Poplar Park
Poplar Way East, Cabot Park